Friday, October 12, 2007

October 12, 2007

Today seemed to be a good day to place some random photos on my blog. The following pictures illustrate some of the differences in daily life here in Sydney compared to America.


Typical men's room



My car (for now) Nissan Tiida


The kitchen at work


The coffee maker at work. It makes small, medium and large shots of espresso. There is no brewed coffee here like we have back in the States


These are the various coffee drinks that you can make with the machine. These are also the types of coffees you will find at the restaurants and cafes.


Beer prices


Note the price for MGD


Note the price for a 6 of Stella, and the price for a single bottle


Note the prices for a 6 of MGD and Budweiser


Here is the price for a case of Stella


Here is the price for a case of Bud


Michael Malenfant and I went halfsies on a case of Cascade. This is my half. He thought it was gross and gave me his half. I like it.


This is a room in my apartment, though I don't know what it is called. I have a separate dining room (not shown) and this room is attached to the kitchen. If anyone knows please tell me.


These are my new toys - soccer ball, regular size rugby ball, and a junior rugby ball.


My first crack at making mac 'n cheese. Turned out pretty good.

No comments: