Tuesday, February 12, 2008

December 22, 2007

It is February as we are getting around to updating the blog. We are posting events that occurred between last November (2007) and February (2008), however the order in which we post is a bit irrelevant. In any case, this is a random update to share with you our trip to see a show at the Sydney Opera House. It never occurred to me to actually go see a show at the House. I would have been quite content to walk around the outside and take a bazillion photographs of the exterior, and then once I got home I would have been upset about not going to see a show. So I have to give credit to Stephanie for coming up with the idea to go see a show.

We attended an evening show called "Christmas at The House". It was a delightful show consisting of storytelling and christmas carols performed by the Sydney Symphony and the Sydney Opera Company.

The show concluded after 10 PM, and afterwards we rode the train back to Cronulla. I won't say that public transportation is perfect, as there are always a few disrespectful people who are too lazy to dispose of their rubbish properly or bathe for that matter, but we did feel safe in riding the train home late at night. I do love public transportation. With that I will leave you with a few photos and a video of our adventure.




Aboard the train to Sydney (flat white in hand)



Before the show





Inside the House


Intermission


After the show




Steffi dancing on stage at the Opera House

No comments: