Friday, March 21, 2008

We hired a surf board from the local surf shop and headed for the beach. We arrived at the beach and to our astonishment the sea looked like glass. A local commented that it was the calmest conditions she had seen in 15 years. This turned out to be ideal for beginning surfers! Jack was the first to give it a go and was quite skilled at balancing and had a good couple of runs. Steffi, meanwhile, got dumped off the boogie board and was nursing her bruised ego and side. She quickly recovered and took her turn at balancing and jumping off the surf board into the waves. It was then my turn...I soon learned that balancing on a board was much more difficult than it looked and standing up required a great deal more upper body strength than I posess. I did have a good time entertaining Mike and riding in a wave or two flat on my belly. I will likely stick to the boogie board in the future. There are no pictures of Mike this day, but we did get some good ones a few weeks back when he took a real surfing lesson! Check them out as well!














No comments: